Brodie Assistance Fund
The primary goal of the Brodie Assistance Fund (BAF) is to support the continued development of services and technologies that directly benefit the Nlets mission and vision. The BAF is available to Nlets Representatives and their staff for travel, training and consulting needs that states may have.
First priority will be given to funding the standardization of XML.
Second priority will given to funding DL/Corrections Photo Sharing. As we all know, the sharing of images is crucial to our community.
In addition, some other areas that funds may be applied for include:
- Disaster Recovery Efforts with Nlets
- Federating Nlets Messages
- Federated Identity Management
- LPR Index Project
- Implementation of Nlets Initiatives (i.e. TIPS, GIS, etc.)
- Implementation of Nlets Message Keys
- Updates to interfaces to external repositories, i.e. DMV
2021 General Guidelines
- Member must be up to date with membership dues.
- ORION Validation must be completed and on file at Nlets.
- Submission must occur 14 business days prior to travel required or project start date.
- BAF funds cannot be used to offset an already approved and funded project.
- Applicant must complete a minimum of 500-word description, including the reason this effort will directly benefit Nlets.
Nlets representatives submit an application via the Nlets website.
Awards are made within 60 days of the application closing date. Consideration will be given to emergency requests on a case-by-case basis. The Chief Marketing Officer reviews applications and makes recommendations to the BAF Committee. The Committee makes the final award recommendations.
The fund is managed within the existing Nlets governance structure. The Nlets President appoints a special committee to oversee the BAF. The BAF Committee operates under the direction and authority of the Nlets Board of Directors. The BAF Committee provides high-level oversight for the fund. The Committee helps set policies and procedures; reviews proposals; and, makes recommendations for funding. The Chief Marketing Officer administers the BAF under the supervision of the Nlets Executive Director to ensure awards are completed according to the application. Any discrepancies will be immediately reported for resolution. At bi-annual Board meetings, a report will be generated that summarizes activities for the year.